Now that Halloween and the World Series is over (go Cubs!), there’s simply no doubt that fall is upon us and winter is just around the corner. Since a child growing up on the farm, I’ve always had wonderful memories of fall. Whether it’s the chill in the air, sitting by the fire with friends or pulling out those sweaters and boots that haven’t been worn for months, it signifies an often much needed slower pace. Heck, even our plants and yards go “dormant” for the winter.
While dormancy may be great for the soul, it’s absolutely horrible for your career. In fact, with the upcoming distractions of Thanksgiving and Christmas, most of us just go through the motions at work for the next couple of months. But if you truly want 2017 to be your best year yet (both at home and work!), you simply can’t ignore the remaining 20% of the calendar.
So when Concordia University asked me to review their most recent on-line program, “How to Create your Personal Place”, I was thrilled for several reasons. First they’ve removed literally every objection you might have.
- Cost? It is 100% FREE!
- No time? The course takes about 3-4 hours and you complete it from the privacy and safety of your own home at your own pace and schedule.
- Not a big reader? Concordia University knows that life is full of distractions. So they’ve done a great job to make this course super engaging with videos, interactive polls and even some great downloadable tools.
- Nothing of value is free. I can certainly see that skepticism, but in this case it’s misplaced. The materials are all taken directly from Concordia University Wisconsin’s 100% one year Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and Administration program. Sure they are hoping you love the FREE program so much that you consider enrolling in their paid program, but there’s absolutely no commitment to do so!
But secondly, this course hits a topic that I know will provide value to every one of my readers. This course focuses on growing personally, connecting with and encouraging others. Seriously, which of us (myself included!) can’t do a better job with all three of these?
This program does something else truly unique. Instead of just telling you “why” these skills are important like so many other programs, Concordia actually helps you learn “how” to build them. Each of the three videos provides five short simple steps that remove the normal ambiguity. For example, the session on “Connecting with Others,” even talks about when it’s appropriate to fight and when you’re better off turning a different direction. I know there are several times in my career I could have used this insight!
In return for investing three to four hours on YOUR schedule, you’ll learn:
- Why having a personal place is needed
- How to teach yourself to professionally grow
- The importance of connecting
- How to succeed with encouragement
Look I know you’re busy. Realistically aren’t we all?!? But if you truly want to find something bigger and better in 2017, it all starts with YOU! So do something a little crazy before you jump headlong into the holidays and check out this course so you can learn, “How to Create your Personal Place” in 2017 and beyond! Click here to get started!